New Zealand Institute of Health and Fitness (NZIHF) Limited
1. Your rights in relation to privacy
New Zealand Institute of Health and Fitness Limited (NZIHF) understands the importance of protecting the privacy of an individual's personal information. This statement sets out how NZIHF aims to protect the privacy of your personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information managed by NZIHF and the way NZIHF collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information.
In handling your personal information, NZIHF will comply with the Privacy Act 1993 (Privacy Act). This policy statement may be updated from time to time.
2. What kinds of personal information does NZIHF collect?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of its services, NZIHF may collect your personal information.
Generally, the kinds of personal information NZIHF collects are:
- contact and identification information such as your name, address, telephone/mobile numbers, email address, date of birth, place of birth (where relevant to the provision of NZIHF's products and/or service and only with your consent);
- photographic identification material including photographs and videos of you; your educational history and qualifications, including both prior to and during your participation, if any, in NZIHF's services;
- if you are accepted as a student of NZIHF, a student identification number (created by The Open Polytechnic for the purposes of administering your education with NZIHF);
- course results you obtain in the course of participating in NZIHF's training services;
- your banking information for the purpose of facilitating payment to NZIHF for services provided;
- credit information about your credit history and worthiness, where necessary to assess your ability to make necessary payments to NZIHF for services provided, including from:
- a credit reporting body such as VEDA Advantage Information Services Solutions Limited (Veda) (the details of which are set out in paragraph 5); and/or
- information NZIHF derives from such information based on its own analysis including internally generated scores, ratings and other assessments used to evaluate your credit worthiness; NZIHF
- health information:
- where you consent to the collection of such information and if relevant to NZIHF's provision of services to you and NZIHF's occupational health and safety obligations or your ability to complete an educational/training course with NZIHF;
- where you lodge an accident or injury report form; or
- where you are applying for a position with NZIHF and it is relevant to the recruitment process through which you must progress following your application to NZIHF;
In some circumstances NZIHF may also hold other personal information provided by you.
3. How does NZIHF collect personal information?
Generally, NZIHF collects your personal information directly from you, through:
- the completion of a manual or online form, such as an application or enrolment form or other form on NZIHF's website;
- an interaction or exchange in person, such as through an interview, or by way of telephone, facsimile, email, post or through the use of the NZIHF website (whether during the enrolment/application process or otherwise in the course of participating in NZIHF's training services); and/or
- the completion of a survey for the purpose of NZIHF collating feedback and improving its products and/or services (although in most cases, you will not be identified in this process).
There may be occasions when NZIHF collects your personal information from other sources such as from:
- your tutors, or other NZIHF staff members with which you engage;
- your employer, if such information is related to you completing an educational/training course with NZIHF;
- Veda or other credit reporting body;
- an information services provider;
- a publicly maintained record or other publicly available sources of information including social media and similar websites;
- NZIHF's own records about you, from which NZIHF may internally generate its own scores, assessments or deductions, particularly in relation to your credit worthiness;
- if for recruitment purposes, an external recruitment services provider or background screening services provider.
Generally, NZIHF will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you.
4. Why does NZIHF need your personal information?
NZIHF collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of:
- providing training and educational services for the purpose of you becoming qualified as a personal trainer;
- assessing and processing applications to enrol in a personal training course;
- administering the educational services you receive including any relevant support or ancillary services;
- communicating and discussing with you, your results, progress and additional requirements and needs;
- placing you with an employer or organisation for the purpose of completing a practical placement;
- issuing you with a certificate, or replacement certificate, confirming your completion of a qualification with The Open Polytechnic and iPT Australia;
- accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
- identifying and informing you, whether you are an existing student or not, of products and services that may be of interest to you from NZIHF or selected third parties;
- assessing your application for employment with NZIHF or otherwise for the purposes of NZIHF engaging you as a contractor or consultant; and
- any other legal requirements including but not limited to workplace health and safety obligations and regulatory obligations imposed on NZIHF as a requirement of its partnerships with The Open Polytechnic and iPT Australia.
NZIHF may also use your personal information, including your image, quotes or other information for inclusion with our marketing materials, where you have consented to such use.
NZIHF may also use your personal information for purposes related to the above purposes and for which you would reasonably expect NZIHF to do so in the circumstances, or where you have consented or the use is otherwise in accordance with law.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, NZIHF takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to NZIHF. However, without certain information from you, NZIHF may not be able to provide its products and/or services to you.
5. To whom does NZIHF disclose your personal information?
NZIHF discloses your personal information for the purpose for which NZIHF collects it. That is, generally, NZIHF will only disclose your personal information for a purpose set out at paragraph 4. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
- third parties engaged to perform administrative or other services, including stationery printers and mailing houses;
- organisations with which you are placed, or hoping to be placed, for the purpose of completing a practical placement;
- people or entities considering acquiring an interest in NZIHF's enterprise or assets or otherwise working with NZIHF to facilitate the provision of its products and/or services;
- NZIHF's professional advisors, contractors, consultants and related bodies corporate;
- debt collection agencies;
- partner organisations such as The Open Polytechnic and iPT Australia, who in turn may share information regulatory bodies including NZQA, ASQA, and Service Skills Australia.
NZIHF may also disclose your personal information to the credit reporting body, Veda (contactable on the details set out below), for the purpose of undertaking a credit check to assess your suitability to pay NZIHF via direct debit or credit card.
Disclosures to third parties are on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with law. NZIHF may also disclose your personal information with your consent or if disclosure is required or authorised by law.
Veda can be contacted on the below details:
Veda's policies on its management of personal information and credit related personal information can be accessed through its website at: http://www.veda.co.nz/.
6. Overseas disclosure
NZIHF may disclose personal information, including credit related personal information, to iPT Australia's employees and/or related bodies corporate in Australia in order to provide its products and/or services and for administrative, data storage or other business management purposes. Such disclosure is always on a confidential basis.
Australia has a different, but comparable, privacy law framework. If you have any queries or objections to such disclosures, please contact NZIHF's Privacy Compliance Officer on the details set out in paragraph 10.
NZIHF uses the Google AdWords remarketing service to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our website. This enables us to assist you by providing tailored items of interest when you browse sites or search for interest areas within Google related to NZIHF’s products and services.
Third party vendors including Google show ads that are likely to be more relevant to you based on websites you have visited.
Should you wish to opt out of interest-based ads you may use Google’s Ads Settings function to manage your preferences or any opt-out mechanism provided to you.
NZIHF may use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting NZIHF via the contact details set out in paragraph 10 or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you.
8. Security of your personal information
NZIHF takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. NZIHF holds personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by authorised staff or by you by using your personalised login and password. Credit eligibility information, such as information NZIHF receives from Veda for the purpose of assessing credit worthiness, is also stored securely. Staff are bound by security policies and confidentiality agreements, which are regularly revised and re-issued.
NZIHF will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless NZIHF is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
If you believe on reasonable grounds that you have been, or are likely to be, a victim of fraud, you may request Veda not to use or disclose credit related personal information it holds about you by contacting Veda on the details set out in paragraph 5.
9. Can you access and correct the personal information that NZIHF holds about you?
NZIHF takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by NZIHF. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that NZIHF holds about you, or you would like more information on NZIHF's approach to privacy, please contact NZIHF via the contact details set out in paragraph 10 below. Alternatively, you can access your profile and records by logging on to the NZIHF database with your login and password, which will be established upon enrolment. NZIHF will grant access to your personal information to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
Where necessary to resolve a request for correction of your credit related personal information, NZIHF may also consult with other relevant entities, including but not limited to Veda. NZIHF's use or disclosure of your credit related personal information to other entities for correction purposes is permitted by the Privacy Act.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- NZIHF requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- NZIHF may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to NZIHF, for providing access in accordance with your request.
Alternatively, if you would like to access personal information held about you by Veda, please contact Veda on the contact details set out in paragraph 5.
NZIHF will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request. If NZIHF refuses your request to access or correct your personal information, NZIHF will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms. NZIHF will also take steps reasonable in the circumstance to provide you with access in a manner that meets your needs and the needs of NZIHF.
10. How to contact us
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information, or if you would like to opt-out of receiving any promotional or marketing communications, please contact NZIHF's Privacy Compliance Officer at: email@example.com
11. Privacy complaints
Please direct all privacy complaints to NZIHF's Privacy Compliance Officer. At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and NZIHF.
Specifically, if your complaint relates to credit related personal information and/or NZIHF's failure to comply with its obligations regarding credit related personal information under the Privacy Act:
- NZIHF will acknowledge your complaint within 7 days of receiving it and endeavour to resolve it within 30 days, unless NZIHF informs you otherwise and seeks your agreement in writing;
- NZIHF may consult with relevant third parties, such as Veda or other credit provider, in order to sufficiently and expeditiously resolve the complaint.
NZIHF's Privacy Compliance Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation. In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, or an extension to the time in which NZIHF will resolve it, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.